7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace 8 which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence, 9 having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself, 10 that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth—in Him –
(Ephesians 1:6-10 NKJV)
START DOING: according to the riches of His grace 8 which He made to abound toward us
- Have you ever been asked to go to a store and pick up or pick out an item that someone else has already paid for? Your responsibility is to take the time and go into the store, choose the item (in some cases) or just receive the item that has already been purchased. I have and it’s absolutely a joy when you get to bring it home and begin to use it for your home and family. Natalie and I have had mattresses, cars, school tuition, checks, and countless of other items. There has never been a time when we walked out and said, “Is that all we get?” or we walk away feeling like we just wasted our time. There has always been a sense of gratitude simply because we received what was not expected or even deserved.
- Same is true here. Paul mentions something similar, “According the RICHES of His grace which HE MADE to ABOUND TOWARD US…” Listen, the word, “redemption” means this: a releasing effected by payment of ransom or liberation procured by the payment of a ransom. Simple terminology is this: We are recipients of treasure that someone else paid for.
- START REMINDING YOURSELF. He DAILY loads you with benefits; He is not mad at you. Your mad at yourself and trying to muster up points to get God approval. He already has approved you and accepted you even when you and I were far away from Him. He gave us what we didn’t deserve…abundantly, richly, abounding TOWARD US…
STOP DOING:9 having made known to us the mystery of His will,
- Quit playing games and feeling sorry for yourself by saying that you dont understand or His ways are too difficult or its just too hard to figure out what God wants to do with me…. NO SIR…NO MAM…RE-FRAME…RETHINK…and embrace the precious and abundant beauty He has for you and the things that concern you like your family, your business, your future, your children, your dreams, your spouse, your relationships. Listen, there are times we need to stop trying to figure everything out and put a smile on believing that He has something special for me TODAY! Quit expecting the worse today and begin to expect the best for your life today. The mystery of His will is no longer a mystery…it’s reality! He REALLY DOES LOVE YOU AND CARE FOR YOUR LIFE, HOPES, AND DREAMS.
CONTINUE DOING: in Him…
- Two of my favorite words in the New Testament are these: “IN HIM”. I remember taking the time one year and getting a red pen and going through the new testament and underlining every time i read the words, in Him, in whom, through Him, etc….you can grab it here: Take the time a download it, get your pen out and receive everything you have in Christ.
PRAYER: Father, you are good, gracious, and abundantly caring for us all. I am overwhelmed this morning of your love and grace. Precious are You towards us all and You make us abound in You. I pray that as we continue to walk with You, Your realities will become embedded in our hearts and minds. That we would so embrace your goodness towards us that all things unholy, unrighteous, and flat out lies would bow down to the realities we have In You. Touch our minds today so we can believe Your goodness. Amen.