1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God,
To the saints who are in Ephesus, and faithful in Christ Jesus:
2 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
START DOING: 1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God,
- There are times when i hear my name that I quickly forget who I am and whose I am. I am thankful for my upbringing and how God has blessed me with some tremendous parents. But so often, that identity alone is attached to the pain of the past and wounds in the soul that are a result of frail human effort. When Paul addresses this church, he knows and understands the weight of authority in his life and he approaches this moment to speak into their life by the authority and call that God has upon his life. Before he was birthed in the womb of man he was birthed in the heart of the living God as a gifted apostle and preacher of the gospel. And this not by a mans will, nor of any educational effort. The hand of God Almighty was placed upon him and he honored this above all else.
- Let me begin my day by saying to myself, Marcus, a pastor of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints who are in Seguin, and faithful in Jesus Christ. Wow, this feels right and so registers in the deepest part of my soul, Try it,
- Who are you? What has God called you to do? DO NOT say I don’t know or I’m not called. YOU ARE. Just man up and take the time and hear Him speak. He will so clarify this in your life simply because when you see hear and respond to His calling, you will find a rest in your soul that is indescribable.
STOP DOING: To the saints who are in Ephesus, and faithful in Christ Jesus:
- Question: When you approach a follower of Christ, does your mind ever wander and you see the individual through your lens of measure rather than Gods? I happen to believe that God sees us first through the blood of the Lamb as faithful rather than unfaithful. He sees our potential rather than our shortcomings. He believes that redemption was enough to change us, empower us, and make us faithful to His calling in life. After all, it’s by grace that we have been saved, through faith, and that not of ourselves unless we should be proud and boast.
- STOP seeing the worse in people and believe and see the very best. People will rise up to the potential that you see them and treat them.
CONTINUE DOING: 2 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
- I run to this as often as I can. When in trouble and in turmoil, the effort of self is a revolving effort to nowhere! Peace in my soul and grace to accomplish the task before comes thought Christ alone. I’ve been around the mountain of self-effort so often that I almost immediately recognize it throughout the day. The natural man is full of pride but in Christ, we are born not by the will of man but by the will of God and our nature has been changed, transformed, and raised up to be seated in heavenly places in Christ Jesus. The same grace that was in Peter, the apostle Paul, and Jesus Himself has been given us. Peace is not the absence of turmoil as we often hear. Peace is being in the midst of it and still maintaining the focus and determination to make life count for eternal purposes. Nothing can move you when this truth is settled within.
- Continue to pursue peace throughout your day. It’s sources resets within you NOW.
PRAYER: Father, may today be a day in which You are exalted in the most honorable way. May people hear and experience Your loving Hand upon them as they attend a place of worship. At Crossroads Church in Seguin, may You be welcomed and felt in a loving way and let not one person leave that place without looking up to give You thanks. We love and honor you today Master. Holy Spirit, lead and guide us throughout the day.